Menu
CatherineY
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

Have had no email on any platform for approximately a week.  Whenever i try to log in i get the message 'Mailbox Unavailable'  Tried Text Assist - no joy.  Tried calling Virgin.  What a waste of time that was!   Pressed a lot of buttons.  Tests performed.  If problem not solved then i should call back and I  would be put through straight through to a Technical person.  I rang back but it didn't happen.  Next time the call was hung up on. What next?  I live alone and am self isolating.  It can't be that difficult a problem to solve.  My email is my lifeline.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Provided the email address is correctly linked to your current VM broadband account the VM team should be able to unlock it for you. 

I have flagged this to the team for a response, however, in the current situation it may still be several days before than can help you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CatherineY
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Never had a problem in the past so email i would assume correctly linked.

Thanks for your help.  Not convinced any humans work for Virgin though 😉 They just want you to keep pressing buttons to no avail  😊

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CatherineY

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems receiving emails on multiple platforms. Can you please confirm what devices you are using to attempt to access your mailbox and which platforms have been attempted? 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
CatherineY
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Thank you for responding.  I have tried to access email using my Laptop, my Ipad and Webmail.  All return the message Mailbox Unavailable.  Have never had a problem previously and have used all three methods.  Can you sort the issue?

CatherineY

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CatherineY,

Sounds like you might have the same problem as this: Trouble accessing email

I'll just need to send you a PM so we can check on the email account for you. You can find this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Speak soon 🙂

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CatherineY,

I just wanted to confirm that I've re-enabled the mailbox for you now, that should allow you to gain access again via webmail.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can someone help me to unlock my virgin email account please?

Thanks

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johninboro, what problems are you having  with your email account specifically? Is there a particular error message or anything like that? 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I go to log in but I get the following:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos