Menu
Dalgetyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox not available

Over the past few days I have been getting mailbox not available on one one of my user accounts. It is an important one to which a number of my key activities are linked. 

Messages sent to it are auto forwarded to a different system. This has stopped and Is a major concern. I cannot access through webmail including linking from virgin account screen. 
I was able to change password through my control account but no change. 
Tried accessing through different computers but no joy  

Other secondary accounts work normally. For security I will not detail the problem account here. Contact through email registered for this forum.

looking at other reports this problem seems to have been around for a couple of weeks 

Assistance requested asap

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox not available

Hi Dalgetyboy,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry you're having problems accessing one of your email accounts, I can appreciate you need this as soon as possible.

It sounds like your account may have been locked, and I'll need to enable this for you. I'll pop you a private message now so we can pass security.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for completing security with me.

Can you please try accessing your email for me now? Also could you please change the password to save any future problems.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Dalgetyboy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I tried as requested. Now get status of Forbidden

get this with original and a changed password

???

0 Kudos
Dalgetyboy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if I posted the reply correctly

The test fails with message Forbidden

both with original and changed password

0 Kudos
Dalgetyboy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error 403 Forbidden unsolvable?

I am at my wits end regarding the apparent inability of Virgin to return service to my main mailbox.

It has been inaccessible since the 25 June with server error 403. I have posted to this community forum and contacted support. Had quick enough responses from agents but seem totally unable to fix this fault.

A support call number was raised by them to the IT team on the 29th June. Requested frequently to test again but no resolution to date.

The latest update yesterday advised that another support call has been raised. This has the effect of putting me back a queue of up to another 10 days.

As far as I am concerned this is not acceptable and the first call should have been escalated, not closed.

Although retired I used to manage customer help desks and IT support teams for a major company and this level of customer support would not be tolerated.

Does anyone have any idea on the best way for me to escalate this problem. Even better how it can be resolved.

A very unhappy customer 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dalgetyboy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

403 error

I have been locked out of my main mailbox with the 403 Forbidden error for around 4 weeks. Been driven round in proverbial circles by VM “support”  After an initial post on the forum have been contacted by several agents with no sign of a resolution. Note that other email addresses under the same account are all working correctly.

Was told the IT team reference was P01001053 but after 10 days was advised this was closed without resolution for me. Then advised my new support reference was F008135072. Have just spotted another post which seems to show that this “new” one was raised 4 weeks ago. 

What is going on? I have had total loss of service on an important email address which I was using as the main contact for most of my contacts (including finance, insurance and even coffee cards!) for close to a month with no glimmer of hope for a solution. 

I am loosing all faith in Virgin Media to provide adequate support to their products. If I can complete migration of my contacts to an alternative address it will remove the reluctance to ditch VM for all services.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to proceed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 error

Sorry to read this has still not been resolved. I have requested it go back to the Forum Team priority list for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 error

Hi Dalgetyboy,

I am very sorry to hear that you're still unable to access your emails, and that we haven't got back to you sooner concerning this.

The error 403 Forbidden error is a known issue which we are currently investigating and treating as a wide fault rather than individually to each affected user.

I'm going to send you over a private message so I can take some details and discuss further.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos