cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable

MDDUB
Joining in

Hi all - has anyone else experienced their mailbox being removed?

Ive had an @ntlworld.com address since the very beginning but 3 days ago i couldnt access it, whether thats signing in to web mail, through Outlook on PC or via phone app.

When i try to access online it says:

"Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution."

I try to follow the steps but my virgin media prompts with the following:

“Verify it’s you

First, we need you to change your sign in email address to one that isn't from Virgin Media.

Then, when we send you a verification code in the next step, you'll able to access it from your alternative email address.”

I try to change to a different providers email address and verify but it never works.

So I’m now unable to access emails.

I have tried to contact support but im now told it could take between 5-7 days for them to look in to it which is of no use to me.

Anything else I can do?

15 REPLIES 15

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MDDUB,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to access your NTLworld email address currently.

Can we just clarify that you have an active Virgin Media account with us currently. If you have tried the above and this has not resolved the issue, have our team advised they will need to get this raised with our IT department is this why you have been advised it will take between 5-7 working days to investigate this for you?

Kind regards Jodi. 

MDDUB
Joining in

oh my god.... on the phone to VM IT and was told maybe i just need to create a new email address!!!! Of course, i'll just throw away my 15+ years of emails!!

Has anyone managed to get this sorted?

MDDUB
Joining in

Now after 35 mins of being on the phone with them, they clearly have no clue and just hung up

I cant wait 5-7 days, it's been down since last weekend.

Yes i have an active virgin media account

Yes i have tried the steps advised but they do not work

Cholkat
Tuning in

Me too

Bradparker
Joining in

I'm having exactly the same issue. Started just before noon today. No matter how many times I try and change my password, I still can't access it.

Me too 

27th September i was advised a secondary email account was blocked. It is my husband's and he was away. I have tried all day to recover access.

I was asked to change my email account to restore access, I think i have done that but now I don't have access to the vm site on either address. Weirdly i can still access on my husbands email but of course it will not allow me to access emails.. what is going on?

I have set up a gmail account, I have received the email to change the password, but the system says my system generated password (20 characters long) must not include his email address... well it doesn't !!I am at my wits end and cannot spend much more time today.

Hi there, I have managed to access my main mail box with the new email address from gmail to log in but I am still unable to access the secondary account, it is asking for yet another email address and I don’t have any more… can I use the same gmail account , and if so how do I do that?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cholkat No, each VM email address will need a different third party email address to be used as the new username to log in to VM webmail.  You will need to create another free email address from an email supplier such as Gmail or Outlook.  Other email providers are available.

Currently there is a fault with VM mail reported on the VM status page so it may be best to wait until that is resolved before making any changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks