Menu
hbick1995
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable

Hiya -

I own a legacy ntlworld account and I'm having issue accessing it, every time I try to log in it gives me the mailbox unavailable error. I was wondering if anyone could assist me in correcting it so I can access my emails?

Thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mailbox Unavailable

@hbick1995 wrote:

I own a legacy ntlworld account

Sorry to seem pedantic but when you say "legacy" do you mean:

1) it is an email address which dates back to a time when you had a Virgin Media broadband account but you are now with a different broadband provider? So a legacy from the time when your were a VM paying customer?

or

2) You still have a VM broadband account but your VM email address happens to be an @ntworld.com address and it is a legacy account in the sense that ntlworld.com is one of VM's "legacy" domains?

The key thing is that if you are still a VM broadband customer, one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support the forum can arrange to get the account reset for you. One of them will pick up on your post and contact via this thread.

In the meantime, try resetting your password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your email address as the username and follow the prompts. That sometimes resets the account without any further intervention but in any case the Forum Team may ask you to do that anyway so best to give it a try.

If you no longer have a VM Broadband account then unfortunately VM will not be able to help you.

I hope that all makes sense 😉.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hbick1995
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya yes,

Apologies phrased it a bit strange, I meant it as in I still have a VM broadband account and legacy in the sense of @ntlworld.com being one of the older domains. Sorry for any confusion!

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@hbick1995 wrote:

Apologies phrased it a bit strange, I meant it as in I still have a VM broadband account and legacy in the sense of @ntlworld.com being one of the older domains. Sorry for any confusion!

No problem at all.

If you are still a broadband customer that's great because the Forum Team can get the account reactivated  for you. But still give the password reset link a go just to see if it works. 😉

Also, that fact your account is unavailable means that VM may have detected some security issue with it. Possibly a hacking attempt on it for example.

For that reason, once you have regained access to the account, I would suggest it would be a good idea to carry out all the advice here:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked If you do that you will have made it as difficult as possible for the hacker to regain control of the account.

Hope this gets sorted soon. Just keep an eye for a message from the Forum Team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @hbick1995 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are having this issue! 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this and hopefully get it sorted. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message received.

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos