Menu
LoneTrader
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable

I have been unable to access one of my mailboxes for 3 days now. I just get a message saying:

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please try again in an hour. . .

Initially my Service Status showed there were problems with users accessing their mailboxes, but this subsequently cleared and now shows No Problems.

I have called 150 multiple times but the call centre is closed, so I can't speak to anyone and all the Help pages are based on the system working correctly, which it clearly isn't.

Can Virgin resolve this for me please.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable

There have been issues for many email addresses in the past week or two. The Forum Team (VM employees) will reach this thread as soon as possible as they work through the board in date order. In the meantime, can you confirm you are a VM broadband customer, and the email address you are having trouble with is linked to the billing account when you sign in at my virgin media? Don't post your email address or personal details, just facts.

The Forum Team have been advising these first steps:

"Have you changed your password through your online Virgin media account? Also we would recommend doing an anti virus scan on all devices that you are trying to access the impacted email account from.

You may also wish to check your auto forwarding and filter rules which may have been set up in your webmail.

Please try the above first and if you still require further assistance please come back to us and we can assist you further"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoneTrader,

Thanks for posting on our community forum. Sorry to her you're having issues trying to access your emails with us. 

I will pop you over a private message to get your emails re-enabled for you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regard Jodi

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoneTrader,

Just to let you know I have enabled your email address for you now. It can take up to 24 hours so once you gain access pleas can you change your password straight away to stoop this occurring again in the future.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this forum.

Have a lovely afternoon

Jodi

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @LoneTrader, sorry for the delay with this. The 'Forbidden' error should be fixed now, when you've been able to check can you please let us know?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
LoneTrader
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tom

I tried logging in to email again, as you suggested, but it still failed with the "Forbidden" message as it has been doing for over 2 weeks now.

I then cleared the Chrome history, cache and cookies, left it for an hour and tried again but got the same result.

Also tried logging in to email from Edge, but that also failed in the same way.

The email account can still be accessed from iPad and iPhone.

Please advise next actions.

Peter

0 Kudos
LoneTrader
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tom

I've had several text messages from Virgin today, telling me that my problem has been fixed and that I should "restart my equipment and try again".

Although I don't have any broadband or TV problems and couldn't see how this would help overcome my ongoing problem with email, I restarted both my computer and my Virgin hub anyway, but it did not resolve my email problem. I am still getting the "Forbidden" message.

I'm going to assume that those messages were spurious and will await further guidance from you before taking any further action.

Peter

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey LoneTrader,

I can see that the team are working on your email account and the ticket is till being worked on by the team and has a deadline of Thursday 09/07 to be resolved but I hope that this is done before then. 

Have the team been in touch with you recently? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
LoneTrader
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Steven - I look forward to seeing some progress on this issue in the next couple of days.

Peter

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We'll certainly get back to you with any updates LoneTrader.

Please watch this space.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos