Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable

My primary email [MOD EDIT: Removed] is getting message saying "mailbox unavailable, try again in an hour etc", same as many others seem to have.

I went on live chat yesterday and they tried to resolve but to no avail and said I can expect a phone call. I have not had anything yet but my emails are important. 

I cannot access either via virgin media or 3rd party site.

Please advise urgently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable

@johncarroll731 wrote:

Please advise urgently.

The most urgent thing is to get your email address removed from the post. Spammers and Scammers pick up email addresses posted on open forums like this one so you may have already compromised your account. I have notified the Moderators to redact the address.

Secondly, if your account is correctly linked to your Broadband account the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) should be able to update you and get it sorted for you. However, there is a know fault at the moment, see here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/page/... 

Hang on and Forum Team will contact you via this forum.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having an issue with your email at the moment.

I do believe your issue could be connected to the fault that we have at the moment, which Coenoby kindly provided in his post 🙂

I would keep an eye on that and wait till we have fixed this, then if you still need help we can assist further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, sorry didn't realise not to include email address. I see it has been removed thank you.

I will await Forum Team to resolve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any news yet on clearing this fault? I need to get my emails urgently.

It mentioned somewhere that it is possible for you to reset my mailbox to clear the issue?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi johncarroll731

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM as we'll be discussing security and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM johncarroll731,

Just to update the thread, the mailbox was reactivated and all working 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"