Menu
chesteratkins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable for the past four days

I like so many other users have been denied access to our emails.

Will you please help as I am the secretary of a charity who needs to be reachable particularly at these times.

Yhank You

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable for the past four days

There have been issues for many email addresses in the past week or two. The Forum Team (VM employees) will reach this thread as soon as possible as they work through the board in date order. In the meantime, can you confirm you are a VM broadband customer, and that the email address you are having trouble with is linked to the billing account when you sign in at my virgin media? Don't post your email address or personal details, just facts.

The Forum Team have been advising these first steps:

"Have you changed your password through your online Virgin media account? Also we would recommend doing an anti virus scan on all devices that you are trying to access the impacted email account from.

You may also wish to check your auto forwarding and filter rules which may have been set up in your webmail.

Please try the above first and if you still require further assistance please come back to us and we can assist you further"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello chesteratkins,

Thank you for using the forums to get this issue with your emails sorted. I am sorry if its been frustrating you for some time. 

Can I ask what is occurring when you try to log in to your email? 

Are there any error codes/messages?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
chesteratkins
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

This is my second request.

I have been denied access to my mailbox since last Thursday.

I am the secretary of a charity and need to be in touch with the trustees.

Will you please help asap. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
chesteratkins
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When trying to log into my email account I get the following message

Sorry

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello chesteratkins,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon about this 🙂

I'll need to go into your account in order to reset your mail box and go through some security with you. 

Just look for the purple envelope and we'll get started!

Speak soon,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Chesteratkins,

Thanks for working with me in our PM's, I'm glad we managed to get it sorted for you 🙂

If you need any help in the future, please just create a new post and we will be more than happy to help!

Kind regards,

Megan_L