cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable - again!!

nothappywithvm
Joining in

Hello,

On the off-chance that someone in technical support will see this. 

I've again - for at least the third time - suddenly lost access to my virginmedia mailbox. It seems to happen around this time of the year and has been happening since 2019. All of a sudden my attempts to access my email get directed to a "mailbox unavailable" page, suggesting I retry in an hour. Most recently this occurred last night. That was while using my laptop but I then found the same thing happening on my smartphone. 

Clearing out cookies and browser history had no effect - as I'd suspected it would not. In the past this has been traced to an issue on the VM side that requires their intervention. 

I called 150 this morning but both of the people I spoke to (the first one handing me across to a second-line support) seemed to fob me off and neither could give me an email address to which I could write in order to report the incident and complain about the chronic nature of this phenomenon. 

Paul

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nothappywithvm 

If it is happening across all devices then it is likely that the mailbox has been locked by VM.  Follow the instructions to unlock it set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If the mailbox is not working an hour after following the instructions post back here for further help from the VM Forum Team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A

Yes, my line of thinking was that the problem was more centralised to the mailbox itself rather than an a specific device or browser. 

I have been to the page suggested. 

There is not a problem with a virus on my machine. 

I have been down the road before of resetting a password and this has not proven to be reliable. I am not even sure why I should have to go through this. This has only been resolved in the past by direct involvement of VM technical staff. 

What is perhaps most disappointing is the unwillingness of support staff to provide me with an email address to which I can write a complaint and report of the problem (using an alternative account, of course). 

nothappywithvm
Joining in

Last night, for the third time in three years, VirginMedia suddenly took away my access to my email account. 

The technical support staff to whom I have spoken by telephone throughout the day have been rather poor and not inspired any confidence that they know how to fix this matter. 

I have submitted a complaint via their website and discovered only minutes later that the ticket had been closed. 

What I would like to do now is write a formal letter of complaint or email to their executive board to try to chivvy this matter along.

Does anyone out there know the right address or right email to use to reach someone high enough up that it will rattle a few cages? It seems to me that they are not taking this matter seriously enough. 

That this has now occurred three times, I feel that I now need to be asking for some recompense for the inconvenience caused.

Complaints CoP here

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Consumer_Comp...

with the required information

But really you could use the time/effort involved in submitting a complaint to VM (which, in all likelihood, will come to nothing useful) in starting the gradual process of migrating your email communications off the perpetually-hopeless VM email system and onto an email provider which is capable of providing a reliable service with adequate security for you.

Thanks for the reply at least. 

The latest on this is that a support person on live chat has now "reset" my account and this has now not only removed my email access but also removed my access to logging into virginmedia.

Nice work, Virgin Media!!

Hi @nothappywithvm

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about this, what error message are you getting when logging in?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M,

I cannot log in at all thanks to the supportive support member resetting my account. Before he did that, my email would go to a "Mailbox Unavailable" page.

Three times in three years. That is just poor. 

Hi nothappywithvm

Have you been able to log in okay now?

Gareth_L