cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable Locked Out

jwfranklin
Joining in

I had a few emails from internet security a few months back saying that there may be malware in my email account and suggested that I reset my password and come back later. I did this a number of times over days and weeks. A support ticket was raised several days ago (P011939393) but nothing has happened.

Password has been re-set yet  again, but I still cannot access either webmail or via MS Outlook. This issue has been getting worse over the last couple of months with webmail but now I cannot even access my email via MS Outlook since this Monday 15th May. Seems like my email account has been locked. Leading up to this I had been getting more and more spam/phishing type emails (which I reported to the .gov website). I had an on-line chat on Sunday and I was assured that the issue would be sorted within 24 hours. This has not happened.

Clearly this is a VM-wide issue which should be dealt with globally across all email systems etc.

Several family members have already cancelled their VM accounts because of this and very poor customer service and subscription costs.

Please sort out my issue.

1 REPLY 1

lfcjoe26
Tuning in

Welcome back page -> Account settings -> Virgin media mail settings -> Generate new app password. It creates a 4-word random password and that then unlocks the email