Menu
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 1 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable - IT Issue at Virgin - 5 Day Wait?

Hello,

I set up a secondary account for a user on Tuesday and the mailbox is still unavailable when trying to log in via the Virgin Media website.

I spent 2 hours on the phone on Wednesday evening, first hour was a complete waste of my time and the advice I was given was quite frankly rubbish.

Eventually, I got put through to 2nd Line support and they have advised there is an IT fault on Virgin Media's end and we need to wait 5 days before the mailbox will be available.

Can anyone from Virgin advise on here or help please?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 2 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable - IT Issue at Virgin - 5 Day Wait?

Hello,

What would help, is if someone for Virgin could clarify it there actually is an IT issue regarding the creation of new mailboxes or mailbox access via a browser?

Can someone from Virgin confirm?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 3 of 94
Flag for a moderator

You need to understand that this Forum is not a direct means of communicating with VM. It is a community forum where users help users. VM staff will intervene when necessary but it can take them up to a week to get to threads. They are looked at in order and priority is also given to serious faults. This is not such a case.

We are are aware of similar instances but we have been told by VM that it is not a systemic fault.

Wait here for the VM team to reach this thread, by which time, probably, the issue may well have resolved itself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi lcr_d

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the mailbox issue. There's no overall issue to answer the question. I cannot see from checking the system, that a ticket has been logged, did you do this for yourself or someone else please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 5 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply.

It was done for somone else on their behalf.

I have just checked it again now and the issue still persists.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for coming back to us. We would need to speak to the account holder so if you could get them posting on our forums, we'll be able to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 7 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Unfortunatley it's for an elderly couple so the likely hood of directing them to the forum isn't going to happen.

I do have access to the accounts and all the credentails.

I can provide a contact number for you to speak to the account holder and they can verify my assistance as they have already done via a phone call with Virgin.

If you want to send me a private message regarding which details you require I'll be happy to assist in anyway I can to help get the issue resolved for them.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 94
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to arrange or make calls from here I'm afraid. 

The best case going forward is to give them the contact number for the team - 150 // 0345 454 1111 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 9 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for the phone numbers, however we have done that having spent nearly a combined total of 6 hours on the phone to Virgin last week.

We will try them again on Wednesday morning.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 10 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I have just spoken to Virgin now and have been advised there was an error and it should be active in 24 hours.

See where we go from there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos