Menu
Cheffer1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox FORBIDDEN

Hi,

I am getting a Forbidden error when I try to access my email from the web. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday after I got a message from virgin telling me an unknown messaging forwarding had been set up on my account so it had been locked. I changed my password which allowed me to access my email on my phone but still not via the web. The lady on the phone told me it would be unlocked within 24 hours, it hasn't as I still get the FORBIDDEN error when I try to access my email via the web. Please help.

Regards

Chris H

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
merseymick
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mailbox FORBIDDEN

Hi - sorry you are having this same issue......it's been horrible for me too, though I was fixed yesterday after dogged pursuit from me to raise and press a ticket.

Have you seen my (merseymick) posts under the Smithmemek thread, including update yesterday...........they should help.

Bottom line is customers with this issue need to get a ticket raised and jockey and press for early conclusion, both actions via the forum (and/or raise and press ticket via the 150 line (if you have the heart, time and low enough starting level blood pressure).

As a make shift way in (i.e alternative to direct web-site access), you could try getting in via a different "gateway" to VMs web-site if that is the way you are trying to access emails. (eg MS mail, MS outlook, Mozilla thunderbird or other email "clients"......this worked a dream for me and at least one other afflicted on the forum.

Good luck

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox FORBIDDEN

Hey Cheffer1,

Have you been able to get this resolved since you last posted?

I have been able to look into your account and have re-enabled your mailboxes on the chance that this could help as when we do this it can usually restore access to email accounts.

Please try this now and let me know if your access has been restored.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos