cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbird email slow with Virgin mail

Brillo
On our wavelength

Hi All, I use Maibird for email & for some reason it has got really slow with my Virgin Email address posts. If I use Mailbird & send via Gmail of Hotmail it sends & receives  instantly. However with Virgin email it's queued for ages with basic email and no attachments. It's obviously something to do with Virgin email but why? 

21 REPLIES 21

Brillo
On our wavelength

Hi Travis, No problem with web mail. I even tested Windows Mail & no problem, just Mailbird. However I have been using it this morning & I can send and receive OK. Just seems to be certain times or in the week ; very Strange! As I say just Mailbird using my primary email address. All other emails using Mailbird zip through.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To help narrow down the scope of this issue can you create a new user account in Windows and setup Mailbird with just the email account causing an issue. When the issue next occurs under your normal Windows account switch user to the newly created account to see if the issue also occurs there. If the issue does not occur under the new account then it is a Windows account specific issue otherwise it is system wide.

Have Mailbird responded to your earlier support request?

Brillo
On our wavelength

Hi there. I logged on with another Windows account on my computer then set up Mailbird from new. I then put my IMAP account in and sent a test email . It went straight away. Logged back into my normal Windows account  then Mailbird & sent a test email and that queued again. It does go eventually. I can't say it's the computer as it also does the same thing on my other computer with Mailbird too.
Strange, same problem on 2 different computers but one with a different Windows account which works and sends mail instantly. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably best to wait for Mailbird to get back to you as the issue seems configuration related; do not be surprised if they just suggest re-install and/or re-setting up of accounts.

Brillo
On our wavelength

Virgin webmail is fine and so is Outlook & Windows Mail. I even logged in another account on my computer & installed a new version of Mailbird. Logged on with my primary email & tested. It says sending and still in my drafts folder & sometimes for nearly an hour. Seems to depend on the time of day wheather it goes fast or slowly. All other mail accounts go straight away. It's just my primary Virgin Email & I found out that it's slow to receive too unless I switch my computer on and off. 

Hi...

was wondering if you have ever resolved this issue.  It sounds just like the one i am having.   Mailbird support has been unable to help.  

Its JUST that one account and from multiple computers... it takes forever!  

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Mailbird has the ability to enabling SMTP logging then consider doing so and review it for possible cause of delay, i.e. do you see SMTP log activity after sending message or is there a delay; the latter would indicate issue lies within Mailbird.

Brillo
On our wavelength

No, it's still the same. Sent mail just sits in the draft or out box for over an hour. It fails to download the latest emails, unless I switch the computer off then on. It's like this on my other computer with Mailbird too. So not a computer issue. It's however only my primary Virgin email that does it. I have another Virgin email & that goes straight away, as does my Gmail & Hotmail too. It does go eventually if just left but it can take an hour or more when I press send.

HI Brillo, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is a delay. Does this happen when using different devices? Does changing the password change anything? - Chris. 

Brillo
On our wavelength

It happens on 2 different computers with Mailbird using my default email address. All other emails have no problems sending and receiving including another Virgin email address.  If I want anything to go quickly I have to use other email address other than my Virgin default one.