Menu
DrEl
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mail unavailable

I am trying to access my email and I keep receiving the following message:

image.png

I read other posts mentioning that this is a common issue. Could the moderators clear this by updating the mailbox on your systems?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mail unavailable

Thank you for the post DrEl and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've already tried to reset the password on the email in question?

If this is the main email on the account, are you still able to log into your My Virgin Media account? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
DrEl
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am able to log into my Virgin Media account, this is why I haven't tried to reset my password. It is only the email account to which I don't have access. Something that might help; I haven't checked this email account for a long time, so maybe it became inactive (?)

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you're on your online account can you please go to the email/mailbox management section and confirm that you can see this as the primary email on here? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
DrEl
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can see my Virgin Media Mail address under the "My Services" section, but I have chosen my Hotmail address as my Contact details.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@DrEl wrote:

I can see my Virgin Media Mail address under the "My Services" section, but I have chosen my Hotmail address as my Contact details.

Your contact email can be any address you choose, as you haven't previously mentioned it can we assume this isn't the email address you are having issues with?

If you haven't accessed your VM email address for a long time, 150 days being the key period it is quite possible that the associated mailbox has been closed down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DrEl
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is the Virgin Media email that I cannot access. I mentioned my Hotmail because you asked me whether the Virgin Media email appears to be my primary email when I check my account details. 

If my Virgin Media email has been closed down due to inactivity, does this mean that it cannot be activated again?  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@DrEl wrote:

Yes, it is the Virgin Media email that I cannot access. I mentioned my Hotmail because you asked me whether the Virgin Media email appears to be my primary email when I check my account details. 

If my Virgin Media email has been closed down due to inactivity, does this mean that it cannot be activated again?  

That depends on how far through the process of deleting the mailbox had gone.

@Emily_G  will be able to advise further on the status of the email address concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DrEl

I am sorry you've not been able to access your Virgin Media email address.  I would like to look into this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos