Menu
Tengu66
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mail from specific address not arriving

I am trying to register on a Japanese website but the email with further instructions never arrives in my inbox.

I have confirmed that there are no forwarding filters via the webmail interface and that these emails are not being directed into the spam folder.

The website owners have checked their system and confirmed that my address is correct and that emails are being sent.

I just tried using the online form to report this issue and am told it could take up to 28 days to see it resolved.  I can't wait that long.  Why is it so bloody hard to contact Virgin for issues like this.  The online help is useless.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mail from specific address not arriving

@Tengu66 wrote:

I just tried using the online form to report this issue and am told it could take up to 28 days to see it resolved.  I can't wait that long.

What is the URL for this form?

If appropriate consider using an alternative email service to workaround the issue and receive those missing emails.

AFAIK Virgin Media would need to see the relevant transactional log data from the sender's SMTP to look at the issue; this would allow them to correlate receipt of the missing email with its failed delivery.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tengu66
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried it with my gmail address.  Worked in seconds.  I'd still love to know why it isn't reaching my ntlworld.com address but, whatever...

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tengu66, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you encountered this problem receiving an email. I appreciate it's sorted now but to prevent it happening again we would need the relevant info as advised by 用心棒 above - if you have that feel free to send it to my via PM and I will ensure it's looked into for you.

Tom

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tengu66 

It would be helpful if you provided the information requested by @用心棒 , not least as we could test it ourselves to see what happens.

Add to that I have my own email server so if the registration mail failed to come through, I can use that to try and get a registration mail.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos