Menu
S4lk3ld
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mail delivery failed

I have been trying to respond to the email address given below, but I get the following "Mail delivery failed" message. I have spoken by telephone with the recipient and they are not receiving my emails. I feel confident they haven't reported me for abuse. 

I have coloured what I believe to be the most important information in RED. Can anyone help me to fix this?

"The following addresses failed:

[removed]
host mx1c51.megamailservers.eu [91.136.8.162]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM: [removed]
550 5.7.1 H:DYNB [212.54.57.96] Connection refused due to abuse. Please contact your E-mail provider."

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mail delivery failed

@S4lk3ld wrote:

[removed]
host mx1c51.megamailservers.eu [91.136.8.162]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:[removed]
550 5.7.1 H:DYNB [212.54.57.96] Connection refused due to abuse. Please contact your E-mail provider."

The same issue was reported a couple of months ago where the megamailservers.eu were blocking Virgin Media emails. At that point is was the @VirginMedia.com domain rather than virgin.net

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Blocked-email-to-megamailservers-eu-Connection-refused-du... 

The Forum Team (VM employees) will need to forward this issue to the VM security team. They should be able to pick up this thread today or tomorrow and contact you via this forum.

Megamailservers.eu is the server used to relay mail for domains registered by Easily.UK although it is now controlled by a US based company rather than a UK company. My personal domain is through Easily.UK (at the moment but probably not much longer - that's another story).

I don't have a virgin.net email address but I do have ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com addresses. I have just sent an email from my Easily personal domain to both my VM addresses and those came through fine. I have also sent from my VM accounts to my personal domain and they came through fine as well.

I have also checked Virgin.net against the usual blacklists and could not find it blacklisted anywhere so it is possible it has been delisted already. It would be worth resending a message to your contact to see if it still bounces. Come back and let us know how you get on. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
S4lk3ld
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Coenoby

Thank you very much for your response to my query regarding the above.

After I had posted my query, I responded to an email from the address in question and for the first time there was no "Mail delivery failed" message arriving after I had done this.

Today I received an email from the same address to say that they had received the message that I had sent yesterday.

In my opinion this Virgin customer's problem has now been fixed.

coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@S4lk3ld wrote:

In my opinion this Virgin customer's problem has now been fixed.

That is good news. Let's hope it does not return. 🙂

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos