Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mail Delivery Failure

When an email is sent to my wifes email address ###.######2@ntlworld.com the sender gets a Mail Delivery Failure message to say it failed to deliver to ###.#######3@virginmedia .com.

But the mail has been delivered to the ntlworld.com address and the other virginmedia.com address does not exist, or if it does it is not shown on the account profile anywhere.

This means that companies, such as the bank, are having to send letters to ask for the email address they have to be updated. 

How do I stop this happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mail Delivery Failure

Check you email account in VM webmail https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and ensure the is not forwarding or filter set up to forward mail from the ntlworld address to the virginmedia one

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham,

The problem is now no more, it was as you said an entry in AutoForwarding..

I know where to come for help in future.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Adwal74 wrote:

Thanks Graham,

The problem is now no more, it was as you said an entry in AutoForwarding..

I know where to come for help in future.

Andrew

If the autoforward entry was set without your or your wife's knowledge then I suggest you follow all the steps set out in this help page to ensure that your account is secure: virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos