Menu
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

MAILBOX UNAVAILABLE!!!!

Come on VM.....it's been weeks and it still says unavailable! I am absolutely fed up of trying to access my ntlworld emails and am certainly not wasting anymore time on the so called message chat thing where robots run you round in circles! Or am I wasting my life waiting hours for someone to answer the phone.... Where's the loyal customer service???

Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

email account not working

Can someone from virgin help me get my emails please, I noticed some with the same problem as me have had private messages from moderators to sort it . I have an ntlworld.com email but for weeks it keeps saying not available....but why? And how can we get back in....???? How long do we have to wait?

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: email account not working

Please don't make duplicate posts in different threads. Against Forum rules. I've merged into one. The VM Team will reach your main thread here in due course. Wait. Each time you post you go to the back of the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Community Forum Angrybirdme and sorry to hear that you're unable to access your email account. Can I ask whether the email account is currently linked to an active cable account? I ask because if a cable account has been closed, our system will automatically delete dormant email accounts.

If it's still active, can you tell us which page the error occurs and whether you've tried to clear your browser's cache and trying it again? Have you also tried a password reset?

Sorry for the questions but it's so we can get a clearer idea so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Just managed to get through to vm on phone and they have changed my password and said wait an hour then try it and should work....so fingers crossed it will! If so I won't need to come back on here to complain........

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back Angrybirdme. Yes please let us know if you still can't get in and we'll take a look from here.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ok it's been an hour, ( he told me to wait an hour) I am on my vm account, clicked the email link at top right side of page to try and login in to get to my email address...now it says FORBIDDEN!...........so still no joy.....!!!! I can't believe it.....

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it's still not worked Angrybirdme.

Using the information we have on the forum, I've managed to find your details. I've checked that the email has been enabled, are you able to try again?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I tried again, no joy,so rang again, got through and Alisha tried but failed so suggested I changed password- I couldn't because I couldn't get in so she changed it for me. I tried whilst she was on phone and still same problem - 'Forbidden' so she put me through to technical and they said it would cost me £5 a month if I wanted it sorting!! Absolute disgrace!

I'm certainly not paying to have a fault fixed that is not my fault! So the saga goes on.....

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should have stayed with the Forum Team rather than going back to telephone agents.

The team will need to refer this to the IT guys for further investigation.  It is an issue known to affect some accounts with the mailbox unavailable message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks