Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lost ntlworld password

Hi. I used to have an ntlworld email address, before everything changed over to Virgin. 

I desperately need to access my ntlworld email account/inbox and the only way i know how to is using a program called Mailspring. The only problem is, i cannot remember the password for the ntlword email address so i still can't get in this way either. Is there a way of changing the password please or any other way of being able to access my old email?

Really hope someone can help.

thanks 🙂 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost ntlworld password

Hello

Are you still a Virginmedia Broadband customer, as if you are not then your entitlement to use a Virginmedia email has been lost, and could have been deleted after 90 days of leaving, some do hang on longer but could be deleted without warning ?

If you are still a customer when you login into your VM account can you see it under https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers ?

Does the email come up as valid on https://email-checker.net/ ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, Thanks for such a quick reply.

I am still a virgin media customer, although did leave and came back. Would this be a problem?

However, i have just checked under the email checker link you provided and it comes up with: 

"BAD Unable to connect to any one of mail servers..." for the email

Does this mean i have no chance? 

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

That message basically means it has gone I am afraid, and cannot be recovered.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh great! Not what i was hoping for as unable to access something else as the forgotten password link has gone there! 

But Thanks so much for your help Mike

Emily 🙂  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You give up too easily. I suspect you are trying to recover a social media account or similar. All of these outfits have alternative recovery procedures to send unlock codes to new e-mail addresses provided you can pass additional security checks with them. Contact whoever and get it sorted!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are correct . It is for a social media account. However, i gave up on them and tried to access email instead. 

I was in contact with them back in February, i had to provide a picture of my driving licence as prove of identification, but since sending that i have heard nothing. I have chased and chased throughout the year and still nothing. Now when i go to their help screen, i am unable to find any links to start the query over. 

I didn't know what else to do... 😞  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mike is a nice guy, but I'm Howard! Clearly an inconvenience, but VM can't help you.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

lol.. thanks .. i realised that as soon as i posted... sorry Howard and thanks for your help also 🙂
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i used to have a ntlworld email account , and i am trying to get a self employment grant

and i have found out that they have emailed my id to my ntlworld email account that i havent used for yours

i am a virgin mobile customer only now, i dont have a virgin tv account anymore

can anyone help me please

regards

richard

0 Kudos