Menu
wcroghan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost mailboxes

I have had a problem logging in to my Virgin account for a few months now due to my account being messed up somehow. Today after several tickets and "we'll get back to you within 5 days" I've finally had access restored. However all of the additional mailboxes that were set up for my wife and children are no longer there and when asked to restore them the support person simply said,  sorry I can't do that would you like me to create new mailboxes for you, er no, I want the mailboxes back please, the one my wife uses is almost 20 years old and is used quite a lot, it would take significant effort to change all the places this email address is in use.

Has anyone had this happen and what's the likely outcome?

Cheers

Wayne.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost mailboxes

Thanks for getting in touch with us Wayne and sorry to see that you're having issues with your email accounts.

Please could you do me a favour, could you please check that all the email addresses are still active using mail tester.com so that we can determine if they have been closed or are just not attached to the account again.

Regards

Steven_L

wcroghan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply, yes the mailboxes still exist according to mailtester, my wife could still receive mails using MS Outlook and POP3 last week but can't use webmail.

Cheers

Wayne.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for doing that wcroghan, its really appreciated and we now know that they are all working active mailboxes.

I will need to take you to a private message, so that we can confirm all of the addresses and get going at adding them back to your account.

I will pop the message over in a moment, please respond and we can get this sorted.

Regards

Steven_L