cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost email address

Porl
Joining in

My inbox dissapeared on 6th July but is still live. Virgin repeatedly told me Talk Talk took over their virgin.net accounts and can’t help me. Talk Talk suggested contacting Virgin Media as they had no sign of the account. I didn't pay for the address as it was given to me by Virgin on a CD years ago. Sounds like an orphaned account as I could sign in to Virgin Media the day after and then no more. I would like to see it restored but in the worst case scenario, as emails are still arriving, closing the address is the least I could accept. Any suggestions  or directions a department that can help gratefully accepted.

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not being a Virgin Media broadband customer makes restoration unlikely. The forum team will be able to help with the deletion; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Porl

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to the email access issues, we can understand the confusion and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

As asked, are you still an active Virgin Media customer? If not, email addresses are usually deleted within 90 days of the services being disconnected. From what you have advised this may  not be the case and we'd be happy to assist with ensuring the email address is fully closed.

Let us know.

Rob

I'm now resigned to never getting my emails back. What I'm more concerned about is emails still go there and aren't bounced back or redirected. Anybody know how to kill an email address? FYI it's been a long freebie, over 25 years, so I guess I have been a Virgin Media customer, after all, they gave it to me, ipso facto.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Porl wrote:

I'm now resigned to never getting my emails back. What I'm more concerned about is emails still go there and aren't bounced back or redirected. Anybody know how to kill an email address? FYI it's been a long freebie, over 25 years, so I guess I have been a Virgin Media customer, after all, they gave it to me, ipso facto.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to get the email address concerned fully deleted for you.

@Robert_P or a colleague will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Porl, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Just before we do look at getting this deleted, I would like to try one thing to see if your email address can be saved. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kath_F 

If it possible to get it fed back to the phone teams that TalkTalk has nothing to do with virgin.net emails - AGAIN.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks