Menu
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lost blueyonder email address

I had a blueyonder primary email address with a slightly shorter address as a secondary address.  Got a text message saying my address, did not say which, had been compromised and used for spam. Ignored the link in the message and went to change my password. Discovered only the primary address and a virginmedia address were listed and the secondary blueyonder address had disappeared. How do I get it back and check the password?

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost blueyonder email address

Worse than I expected, outgoing emails are rejected from the primary email address even though I have updated my IMAP settings on my iPad 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible you have an orphan address situation:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

are you a current VM broadband customer?

ever had a break in service?

are the addresses linked to your billing account - check in my virgin media > manage accounts > manage profiles (see photos - they should be visible in one of these places)

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a broadband customer and every email address worked until I was forced to change my password so it looks like VM screwed up when locking my account because of suspected spam.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there PeteH, 

Thanks for popping by - I am sorry to understand there has been some issues with your email accounts. 

What I have done is pop you a Private Message so I can take some details and see what's happened. 

Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like it is now OK, just took a time for VM to propagate a password change to the old blueyonder servers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there PeteH, 

Cheers for your replied there - glad that all is now looking ok for you; I am sorry about the confusion and delay caused. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos