Menu
johntaylor37
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost access to my email.

Hi!

Long story short, I haven't been a customer with Virgin Media (virgin sold non fibre broadband to different company) for a few years, but I still had access to my @virgin.net during this time.

Noticed this morning that my Outlook didn't have my virgin.net email and while trying to log in to the webmail, I can't log in.

I know the email and password. It just says doesn't recognise my log in details. I've been able to log in through outlook so I'm not seeing the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost access to my email.

@johntaylor37  Based on your description you have an 'orphaned' account that should have been deleted in 2016, twelve months after the sale of the ADSL service.  Looks like the system has finally caught up.

You can read more here: Orphan Email accounts - Virgin Media Community - 3492073

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johntaylor37
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh balls.

Wasn't really being used anyway but still would have been nice to get a warning.

Cheers mate!

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello @johntaylor,

Welcome to our community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the confusion caused with your email.

I can see you have been given the correct information already, thank you @Graham_A we appreciate your help on this.

I hope you have a lovely day! If you need any further help please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide