cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to blueyonder after 20 years

BradF
Just joined

Hello, my dad has had his Blueyonder email address for 20 years and uses it for personal and business. It abruptly stopped working 2 weeks ago without any notice. I have caught up in other forum threads regarding the automatically shutting down of email accounts for people who no longer have a Virgin account. It's disappointing to be in this position to say the very least. 

However, to make our life easier of porting to a new email provider, it would very helpful to gain access temporarily for a few days in order to change important accounts like banking e.t.c over to a new email. Can one of the VM team help me with this?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A very good reason for moving away from ISP hosted mail accounts, which are actually part of your subscription & are not “free”. I moved my accounts away to Gmail years ago. They are completely free & you can take them with you if you change ISP. As you are no longer a customer, so are not paying for a service, don’t get your hopes up of any re-activation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BradF wrote:

it would very helpful to gain access temporarily for a few days in order to change important accounts like banking e.t.c over to a new email. Can one of the VM team help me with this?

One of the VM Forum team will contact you via this thread in a day or so. They can sometimes restore access to an orphan account but as @nodrogd has intimated often that is simply not possible.

Also, if it is possible for them to restore access there is one other thing to bear in mind.

If the original VM broadband account was in your dad's name, GDPR (data protection) requirements mean that VM will need to converse with your Dad before they can make any changes to the status of his email account. The Forum team member will clarify that if necessary.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BradF 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with email.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information to see what we can do with this 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs