cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost E-Mail Service & Address

DPG1
Joining in
I recently had my e-mail service faulty (internet, TV and landline fine). After 2 hours and 10 minutes on the phone talking with 6 customer services representatives, (some of whom cut me off), they restored the service by hijacking one of my private e-mail accounts through Microsoft. This has caused a permanent change of my e-mail address despite my insisting that I did not want that and whilst the main service is now working on the PC, it is unavailable on my mobile or tablet.
Where can I get the issue resolved? It is a specific issue so the on-screen help would not cover it and customer services is extremely bad.
1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I know it is not possible to revert the Sign in Email Address once changed to a non-Virgin Media address however it can be change to another non-Virgin Media email address; sign into My Virgin Media  and select Account settings > Account details > Edit (located adjacent to Email Address)

Email clients need to use an App Password, to do this sign into My Virgin Media and select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate  new App password — use the newly generated App Password with email clients

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks