cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Access to ntlworld email

Mauleteser
Joining in

Last weekend my ntlworld email account stopped working.  It is my main email account and should be linked to my virgin media account.  At the weekend it failed to sync to outlook and then started requesting the password which I can't remember as it was saved in Outlook. 

I've tried the link: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password to reset the password but it says it does not recognise my email address. 

Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Maulteser

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm if you still have active services with us? IF not, the email address may have closed after 90 days as outlined here. If you do still have active services with us, we'd ask you to try resetting the password by following these steps:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Thanks

Rob

I do have an active Virgin account, once logged in and go to Account Details I don't have anything showing:

• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail

Mauleteser
Joining in

Also, if I try to log in to the email appsuite it comes up with another page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unavailable

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mauleteser 👋

Thanks for coming back to us on this. If there are no accounts showing when attempting to follow the "Manage" steps, then this means you do not have an email associated with your active Virgin Media service. This could be caused by things such as moving home, or disconnecting and then returning to us.

I'm going to send you a private message, to assist further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ