cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost A Really Important Sent Email

Pete_Notts
Up to speed

Hi

I pretty much know there will be no way to retrieve it,,,but because it was such a detailed and personal heartfelt in real time email, I was gutted to lose it.

VM didn't screw up, I added personal pet photos (see my avatar lol) and brought it obviously up to/over the limit of I think 25 mb..?

I'm not a tech-spert, Bizarrely even though I had saved it into drafts...so much text and heart in the mail...it did allow me to send it, and I was pleased - for 2 seconds that is.

A message instantly popped up briefly. It said something like 'could not be saved in your sent folder'

Apologies, but the pop up message appeared then vanished so quickly I couldn't read it fully.

Could the email be retrieved..stripped of the photo add ons which caused this to happen ?

I don't care a jot about you reading it..nothing exciting there....same as the photos...lol - if you love my dog Jake, then he is the superstar I 'used' to overload the server.

Pretty sure it's lost for good, and the personal circumstances are such, that I am unlikely to ever know if my lovely recipient ever received it. I WISH I had sent the photos seperately now...but crying about it won't change it.

I would just so dearly love to get back the email..minus photos of Jake (I already have them lol !!) It was a proper biggie. Oldish guy with rubbish dexterity, spent best part of 3 hours writing it...BUT...I did up to the very end save it into drafts. Except the oversized lump of mail was neither retained in Sent folder....OR the copy of it which I had formerly saved in Drafts.

Yup I'm a fool - could have sent all the pictures in smaller seperate batches. It's great knowing AFTER the self inflicted screw up :-s

As I say, pretty sure it's vanished into the ether. If only I had copy/saved it anywhere else...a text document, a pdf sheet etc...

If there are any magicians out there, then I'd be exceedingly grateful. In reality, this will have to be a hard lesson. So annoyed at myself, but also upset. Rarely these days would my useless fingers give me 30 minutes on a large keyboard I have - but for the first time in...well a long time...they managed almost 3 hours of writing. Only then to be lost because of my own inept stupidity :-((

Almost deleted this thread several times as writing it, because of feeling like such a banana...lol

You live and learn they say. Slight problem with me, is somewhat a shortage of remaining learning time on the internal odometer.

Off to hug my old dog Jake and let him lick my head as ever when he knows I'm upset until he literally licks me to sleep.

Take Care & Wry Embarrassed, Very Tired Smiles !!

Pete...and Jake of Course..LOL"Dad...You Truely Are A Klutz""Dad...You Truely Are A Klutz"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably if a copy does not exist in your mailbox then it is considered unrecoverable.

FYI events seem to have conspired against you here in that:

1. webmail failed to save a copy of the sent message
  2. Virgin Media's email server accepted the message knowing its size would exceed its send limit and and then only bouncing back the email headers

The only thing that seems to have gone right is the draft being permanently deleted once the message was sent (published)

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably if a copy does not exist in your mailbox then it is considered unrecoverable.

FYI events seem to have conspired against you here in that:

1. webmail failed to save a copy of the sent message
  2. Virgin Media's email server accepted the message knowing its size would exceed its send limit and and then only bouncing back the email headers

The only thing that seems to have gone right is the draft being permanently deleted once the message was sent (published)

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply. Yes as I suspected, and I appreciate the answer and explanation of how it works.

I'll certainly not make this mistake a second time that's for sure 🙂

Pete