cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of historic emails

JayOD1
Tuning in

I lost all my historic emails when the nationwide issue occurred - they were reinstated but now I’ve lost them again - has anyone had the same issue? Currently missing them still and really need sone of them back. 

13 REPLIES 13

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JayOD1

We're sorry to hear the email issues you experienced earlier have returned, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Just to confirm you are able to access your email address but the historic emails are missing again? Do you have any issues sending or receiving emails since they disappeared? Is this via both mobile and desktop devices?

Rob

Dear Rob 

I have a related issue , in that the Virgin Media resolution to loss of historic emails didn’t quite work for me either.

I had lost all historic emails during the massive Virgin Media incident around 20th June 2023. On 7/7/23 Virgin Media restored historic emails up to 18th June 2023, but they deleted all emails I’d received between 19th June & 7th July. I called Virgin Media and they said several users had same issue and they would raise with Technical Team. I also submitted a complaint online. I’ve heard nothing since from VM and these emails are still missing.

What can be done to escalate issues like this and the one raised by Jay (above)?

kind regards 

fred 

Hi Fred11

Sorry to hear you are also still impacted by the recent email issues, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm what date this was raised to the technical team? This can take up to 5 working days but due to the volume and issues it can take longer. If you have been v=given a complaint reference you can check it online here for any updates on this.

Rob

Hi Rob

I phoned VM customer service on 7/7/23 in the evening. That’s nearly 2 weeks ago. The advisor said he himself had taken several similar calls that day and flagged them with Technical Team.

I (frustratingly) did not receive a complaint reference number when I submitted the online complaint the same day (7:7:23).

What can be done to escalate the issue that I raised with Customer Services via phone on 7th July?

thanks

Fred11

I'm eager to help with this and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

Thanks - I’ve responded 

Thanks Fred11, can you double check that as nothing has come through to me yet.

Rob

Hi Rob

sorry - just seen your post - yes - definitely looks like I sent response 

I did get the Private Message thanks Fred11, albeit somewhat delayed and have responded with an update 🙂

Rob