cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of email

JKor
Joining in

On my virgin media email page, all the emails for my primary account are there but all the emails for my two secondary accounts are missing, new and historical. They have a triangle saying "There is a problem with this account"

When I click on it. it says "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

When I click edit, it shows the account details, one of which is the incoming server password..

I tried entering a new password but it says "The provided password seems to be wrong or something bad happened"

So I pressed cancel.

How do I recover the lost emails?

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have not already tried generating an App Password for the problem accounts then consider doing the following:

• opening an Incognito / Private browser window
  • sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account. If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  • once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in
  • select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password
  • make a note of new App password
  • sign out or close window Incognito / Private browser window
  • now back in webmail, select Edit located adjacent to problem account
  • scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field
  • scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server
  • select Save

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks