cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email F010762348

novice-IT
Joining in

This error has not been fixed for me. When signing into my Email accounts (using webmail) only the original NTL Email account used to set up my Virgin account is accessible.

My three Virgin Media Email accounts all show an error that states "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by the provider. Please change them."

In very simple terms what does this mean and how do I fix it, please. 

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

_2-1690890655524.jpeg

The above highlighted error message can usual be resolved by:

1. opening an Incognito / Private browser window
  2. sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account. If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  3. once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in
  4. select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password
  5. make a note of new App password
  6. sign out or close window
  7. now back in webmail, select Edit located adjacent to problem account; in above example that would be richard.branson@ blueyonder.co.uk
  8. scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field
  9. scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server
  10. select Save

Hopefully details were saved without issue and error message is no longer being shown.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Andysmeth
Tuning in

Exactly the same issue with my 3 email accounts and I'm getting no where on the phone. No one understands 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andysmeth wrote: I'm getting no where on the phone. No one understands

Sadly, that's all too common.

The solution is that

1. the password for your 3 email accounts needs resetting and a new mail app password generated for each account
  2. and then you need to update the password settings in the webmail account you are using to access your VM email accounts so they use the new mail app passwords .

@用心棒has set out the steps to do that in the post above dated 02-08-2023 15:40

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Andysmeth thanks for your post.

Can you please follow the steps identified in this thread as this should help going forwards?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom. I'm afraid it doesn't for my blueyonder account.

Hi @Andysmeth thanks for your reply, sorry about this.

Is the Blueyonder account your main email address and are you still a customer with us?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes have been for 25 odd years (with a few change of home addresses and staff account change) it worked until just after the email problems and then stopped 8th July. I've been trying ever since to get help. 

Hi @Andysmeth thanks for your reply.

Okay, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.
Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Please note, we are not responding to PM's for the remainder of this evening and I am out of the office tomorrow but I will reply on Friday as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Tom_W