Menu
9fingers
Dialled in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long delays on some mail

Hi Beth,

Majority of the delayed mail is coming via mout.kundenserver.de which seems to be the source of the issue

There are a few other delayed mails that are redirected from 123.reg which seems to be an age old problem between VM and 123.reg that was supposed to have been fixed last year.

I can live with the latter but mout.kundenserver.de needs sorting out. It seems they have been blacklisted

Bob

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G 

You need to appreciate what mout.kundenserver.de is..

This is a mail server delivering mail for customers who use 1&1 to host their email and/or as a domain registrar which forwards their email.  So if one domain is seeing delays, every other domain managed by 1&1 will also experience the same delays.

Furthermore mail delays during SMTP relay are usually a result of problems caused by the receiving, rather than the sending relay.  Let me give you a real world example.

I have a server that uses Greylisting.  Thus  when I receive a mail from a new sender my server sends out a temporary error 4xx code.

When the sending party sees this code from my server it queues the mail and tries again at various intervals until either

• The message is delivered
  • The message queue time is exceeded - (in which case the mail is bounced back to the sender)

Note:  It's only when the message is delivered that my server will add it's Received: and other headers, which is why it is easy to mistake the sender for the delay..

I do recommend that you ask Liberty Global to look into why they are delaying mail from 1&1 Ionos.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon @9fingers,

I've picked up this post from Beth in her absence and can confirm that I've passed on your most recent post to ensure that the ticket has been updated for you

Sorry for the time this has already taken

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
9fingers
Dialled in
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David,

It is difficult to understand why this is taking so long to resolve.

Bob

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi @9fingers,

The update I've been issued today on this is as follows;

"Accept rates are within a satisfactory threshold and therefore nothing needs to be adjusted on our side.

Delays are normal behaviour to protect the mail platform against spam"

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
9fingers
Dialled in
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message.

I cannot agree that delys of up to 4 days is an acceptable delay for spam checking.

Bob

0 Kudos