Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long Delay receiving emails forwarded from 123.reg

But a note of warning - Last July VM were blocking all emails forwarded from gmail (as they blacklisted them)  - and not for the first time.    As anyone can easily get a gmail account - I guess gmail is a  big target for spammers so possibly often gets blacklisted. 

So I think this is far from a reliably solution!

Its now been at least 6 weeks since VM started refusing connections from 123 and still nothing has been done about it, nor has their been any feedback from VM about the issue.  Could we at least have an update please.

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 72 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Valid point Alan. I only set up the Gmail relay as an experiment/quick fix whilst VM got round to fixing it properly.

I detailed it here mainly to help out the contributor who about the throw in the towel with VM to give him an interim fix.

I totally agree that we need an update on what VM are doing about resolving the problem properly. I think we all understand these issues come up now and then but they could do their reputation no end of good by actually communicating with us directly via this forum.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 73 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I suspect Virgin email will end up going the same way the free webspace did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 74 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Gmail route is working for me at the moment, so more thanks to Bob for the suggestion.  Keeping copies on Gmail just in case (will delete periodically).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 75 of 131
Flag for a moderator

I was just changing my email password and I find it truly comical that the password can be a max of 10 characters and must only be letters or numbers, no symbols allowed.  Your email is the jackpot for hackers/fraudsters and this is VM's attitude towards password security.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi emailwoes,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you feel our password security isn't suitable. ensuring customer data is secure is of utmost importance to us and we continually invest in our security systems to keep our customers safe online.

In common with every other company, our login process requires customers to use unique passwords.  you can find out more here.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 77 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Paul, Whilst you are here,

Please can you give us an update of what VM are doing about the fundamental problem with mail forwarding from 123 Reg.

Thanks

Bob

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 78 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob,

Thank you for coming back to me, I haven't had any updates recently, I will chase this up with one of my colleagues on Monday and get back to you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 79 of 131
Flag for a moderator

This issue is getting to be a deal breaker for me.  Can't be waiting these times or for failed emails!.  Something has to change. And what about all those who haven't stumbled on this thread and have no idea why there email is repeatedly stalled.

VM, please talk with 123 and get a resolution in place ASAP.

Regards,  Max

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 80 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaxMatter, 

I can certainly appreciate the frustration that this may be causing. I would like to assure you that this is still being investigated with our support teams, however sadly on occasion some more complex issues can take some time to look into. 

I will get back to you as soon as we have a further update. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos