Menu
paul9531031
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Login to server smtp.virgin.net with username . . . fails every day at some time

Every day when I try to send emails, usually in the morning, Thunderbird (on Windows 10 Pro) tells me that the login to server smtp.virgin,net, or smtp.virginmedia.com, has failed.  If I save the message and try again later it will at some time succeed (without changing any of the settings).  Does this indicate a problem with my system or with Virgin's?  It is new behaviour, having worked without any problems since about 1995.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login to server smtp.virgin.net with username . . . fails every day at some time

Hey @paul9531031 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your email address, this could indicate a server issue. Is this to certain email addresses or does it happen to every mail that you try to send at that time?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
paul9531031
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login to server smtp.virgin.net with username . . . fails every day at some time

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for response.  It makes no difference which email address I'm sending to.

Paul

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can you please let us know if the issue is still present?

If so, can I please ask you to try resetting the password, then removing the accounts and re adding them again with the new password? This usually works with third party email clients.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos