cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login page - OX App Suite

TwmSionCati
Tuning in

Although I've used Virgin Email for many years, I've only this weekend (04/05/2019) encountered this OX app suite issue.

I've been in touch with Virgin and their offshore support know nothing of this issue, which isn't surprising. However, if I enter my email address and password into the OX app suite screen, I can access my Email apparently normally. Note this only happens when I use Google Chrome. When I use IE6, the OX app suite screen doesn't appear. I have two Email accounts and use IE6 for one and Chrome for the other.

. I've tried clearing my Chrome browsing data and cookies, as others here seem to have done, but this has no effect. I've been in touch with Knowhow support and they are aware of the issue, advise that the customer shouldn't see this screen and believe it's an internal Virgin issue, which as I've indicated, the Virgin support team deny.

So what is the current situation? Is it safe to login using this screen. I don't as yet seem to have any problem in accessing my mail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It clarifies things a little.

If you are using Windows 8 then you should be on IE11 IIRC.  However you should always make sure browsers like Chrome are always up to date.

What you are saying does make some sense now, but you definitely should not be seeing the OX Apps Login screen.  Normally once you've logged in the SSO system gives the browser a token that it uses to finish the sign in.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is an odd one, normally you shouldn't be seeing the OX-Apps suite login screen.  OX-Apps Suite is the software suite that Liberty Global uses to deliver the email service.  However normally the login should be redirected to Virgin Media's SSO (Single Sign ON) pages.

Signing in through a screen you don't recognise is always a potential risk however, so even though it does appear to get you in to your email, I'd have to advise caution under normal circumstances.

What operating system are you using? - you mention IE6 which would suggest to me you're using Windows XP - this is no longer supported by Microsoft.  Furthermore Chrome is no longer supported by Google when run on Windows XP.  So your version of Chrome is also likely to be outdated too.

Have you been able to try logging in from a different PC?  Certainly when I try Chrome here I get the correct SSO screen to log in.

@Kev_B  Can you ask someone to take a look at this?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Many thanks for this reply. I'm using Windows 8. I'm using the levels of IE and Chrome that were available when I bought my PC in 2015. IE was already bundled in on the PC. Perhaps I wrongly listed IE6. Note I'm an IBM mainframe dinosaur and not really that familiar with some of the finer PC issues.

I'm always reluctant to install any upgrades as it always seems to lead to issues. My platform has been really stable now for a long time until this issue. I need it to be so as I'm still working (after 50+ years in IT) and use my PC to connect remotely to the IBM mainframe application that I support. I'm also a little wary of signing in using this screen, but as I've said, Virgin are denying any responsibility for it. So what would you suggest I do now? I will also try your suggestion of using Chrome on another machine.

However, as I've said, I don't get this issue when signing in to my Virgin mail from IE. Just to clarify, when I select Email from the Virgin welcome screen, I do receive my normal Email login screen, where I enter my details, but the OX app suite screen then interrupts the login asking for my details again. Hope this clarifies the issue.

thanks, John.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It clarifies things a little.

If you are using Windows 8 then you should be on IE11 IIRC.  However you should always make sure browsers like Chrome are always up to date.

What you are saying does make some sense now, but you definitely should not be seeing the OX Apps Login screen.  Normally once you've logged in the SSO system gives the browser a token that it uses to finish the sign in.

Tim

many thanks for this Tim.

I'll check my Chrome version to see if it's up to date.

thanks, John

Hello

I don't know if this will help but:

I have just had the problem with the OX App Suite login appearing. It seemed to start after I installed the Amazon Assistant addon on Microsoft Edge (I am running Windows 10).

After a couple of reboots it appears to have stopped (fingers crossed).

The other interesting thing is, I was having problems with a "Bad Request" error occurring whenever I exited from Email back to the Virgin Media web site (eg Home) , but not if I went to another site. The Virgin Media call centre was useless. But the problem seems to have cleared with either the Amazon Assistant install or the fix (still got fingers crossed on that).

Hope this helps.

The MDF Kid

Hi The-MDF-Kid,

Thank you for your post and a warm welcome to our community!

We are aware that some users are currently receiving the message 'OX App Suite' when trying to log into their webmail accounts.

This issue is under investigation and we are working hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Beth

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To quote my fellow VIP @HowardML on this OX app issue:

"The issue is caused by a corrupt cookie and/or cache. Google for how to clear your browser cache and cookies. That always solves it."

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Thanks.

The MDF Kid

davidwogg
On our wavelength

I am using Windows10 and am getting the OXAPP suite all the time very frustrating