Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Login information for IMAP server, check account settings

Help:-  I have a Virgin email address, but I am not a Virgin customer, reading through the various posts I see that my email address should have been cancelled approximately 90 days after I left Virgin, but it was not. My email has been in existence since the dial up era and until now there has been no problem whatsoever. I have checked email checker and it is still alive. My problem is this, I cannot gain access to my emails and have received a message stating "Your login information for IMAP Server (imap4.virgin.net) has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." and that is where my problems start. Although I have access (on my mobile) to edit account, what ever I do I cannot change anything and therefore cannot get into my emails. Virgin customer services suggested I contact Talk Talk (something to do with the area I am in), they said go to your current broadband supplier, they said contact Virgin. There you have it, any ideas what I do now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login information for IMAP server, check account settings

You have an 'orphaned' email account - see this post for more information - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M173058

You can try gaining access by using the 'Forgotten Password' link on the VM sign in page, however, the chances of that working with an old dial up account are slim.

The only help the forum staff can give you is to ensure that the email address concerned is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos