Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Login & logout strange messages

With the new login page: after entering email and password, I'm sometimes taken to the attached saying 'something's gone wrong. However from there I can select email at the top and get to emails.

Then logging out I see the attached 'signing off' 'Local Authority' screen for a few seconds before it moves on.

Is this ok, or being worked on? Is it indicating a problem with security? Thanks.

AfterLogin.pngAfterLogout.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Login & logout strange messages

The logout message is fine. The login message is likely connected to the bookmark you are using to access the site.

You need to make sure you bookmark the final page you want e.g. Webmail or My Virgin Media and don't have any bookmarks that are for the old login page as that's when you get an error.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The logout page is normal following the changes made last weekend.  The strange wording has been raised with VM.

The login page saying somethings gone wrong was occurring for some people for a few days after the change over.  VM say it has already fixed whatever was causing it.  Edit: likely an bookmark issue as mentioned by Ben.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's reassuring to know it's known about and not considered a security issue, thanks for your replies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome, glad to hear BenMCR and Graham_A were able to help.

If you need us again, please don't hesitate to get in touch here 🙂

Stay Safe

Rob

0 Kudos