cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of old NTL mail account

keenst
On our wavelength

Hi

This has happened before - not to this, but to another of the household's old NTL mail accounts.

When trying to log in, I get a message saying "You are not allowed to sign on at this time. Please try again later."

And so it goes on.

I suspect that it might be that something security related has been done (another error says password must start with a letter, my old pw doesn't), or it has accidentally been 'removed' like last time.

Could someone at VM please check if this is the case - I have read the notice about spam and done a virus scan, so that is very unlikely to be the reason.

Regards

Steen

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @keenst

Thanks for posting. Sorry about the email issue. Everything looks fine from the system check I've done so have you got this sorted since posting? 

If not, do the password reset to something new, unique never used before. Then leave it thirty minutes before re-attempting mailbox access.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

keenst
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Thank you for replying. And no, I didn't do anything after posting - I did try resetting the password before posting, but clicking the link and typing the mail address (to the account I can't access), gives an error:

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

If I try an alternative, I can go to the VM login and after logging in there, there is (still) no option to manage ntl mail accounts, hence the post.

I can access the ntl account linked to admin of VM (which is empty bar 1 welcome mail from 2010).

So I'm in a bit of a loop, and again, the original pw used to access the account does not comply with the current requirement (doesn't start with a letter).

keenst_0-1639840951567.png

So I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Regards

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know keenst. Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll be able to take a closer look into this for you.

Tom