cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of ntlworld.com email account

hcj123
Joining in

Hi everyone. I really hope someone can help on here. Spoke to Virgin Media support numerous times with no luck, just keep getting passed around and no-one seems to have any answers.

I am a TV, broadband and mobile customer with Virgin Media for many years and have had my ntlworld.com email address for over 20 years.

With no warning, 4 days ago stopped my email stopped working. I cannot log in to see any emails at all on my computer or phone through Apple Mail without getting the message 'Unable to verify your account name or password'. I am desperate to access my emails as all my work and financial correspondence goes there.

After reading some other posts with people having the same issues, I have tried going onto My Profile  and for whatever reason under My details, my ntlworld.com account is not there. I log into My Virgin Media account using a hotmail.co.uk email which has been the same since it was originally set up. So it doesn't look like my ntlworld.com email is linked to My Virgin Media account.

Support have tried reseting the password to my ntlworld.com email. No luck.

I have tried clicking reset password on the login page for the ntlworld.com email and it says 'Unable to find your username'.

I have tried changing the username on My Virgin Media and get this message:

Before you can sign in with your new username, please check your inbox for the email address 'webteam@virginmedia.co.uk' and look for the email we sent you 

This is sending the email to my ntlworld.com account but I can't access it to click on it!

I appreciate if I need to move my emails over to a new account but I just need the opportunity to access it.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated please. Thank you so much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hcj123 wrote:

So it doesn't look like my ntlworld.com email is linked to My Virgin Media account.

Yes, from what you are saying that would certainly seem to be the case.

I see that you also say:

I am a TV, broadband and mobile customer with Virgin Media for many years and have had my ntlworld.com email address for over 20 years

There is a suggestion in the way that is worded that you had the Ntlworld address before you started your current broadband contract. However,perhaps, I'm reading too deeply between the lines there but it would explain what you are seeing.

If so it is possible that when VM setup your broadband account they did not link your old address to it.

I have tried clicking reset password on the login page for the ntlworld.com email and it says 'Unable to find your username'.

That's a real worry because it is basically saying that your  Ntlworld address no longer exists. VM seem to be having a bit of a purge at the moment and deleting email accounts that are not attached to a broadband account. It's possible that's what has happened here.

I have tried changing the username on My Virgin Media

Given that you can obviously access your My Virgin Media account I'm not sure why you were doing that or what you were changing it to.  I think it's muddying the waters and I cannot see how it would help with regaining access to your ntlworld email account.

In view of the fact that you are still a VM broadband customer I am going to escalate this post to the Forum Team. They may be able to regain access to your ntlworld account for you before it's too late

One of the team will contact you via this thread and take your details by Private Message (PM). Unfortunately the forum is very busy at the moment. They will contact you, but I cannot say when.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Coenoby,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I believe everything you have put is correct. And yes, we have had our Virgin Media broadband, tv etc for 10 years or more, so not as long as the ntlworld.com email address - so all of that makes sense.

I only tried changing the username to My Virgin Media account on advice from Support... I assumed they were maybe trying to add the ntlworld.com address onto our account?

Anyway, I really appreciate you escalating my post. Even if they can just reinstate it for a little while that would be such a relief so I can get everything moved over. I'm assuming this is the best option incase it is going to be deleted permanently? 

Many thanks again.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hcj123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email account recently. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!