cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my ntlworld account

orangebicycle
Joining in

As of Feb 7th I've been unable to access my ntlword.com email account. The default address was switched - independently of me - to an old virginmedia.com secondary address I set up years ago but never used. Now I get a 'Sorry, you can’t change your sign in details to a @ntlworld.com email address, please choose a different email' when I try to switch back. I already have ten days of email communication to me that I am unable to access or respond to. This is maddening! Is it even legal? HELP.

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@orangebicycle wrote:

As of Feb 7th I've been unable to access my ntlword.com email account.

Just to take it one step at time, what error message do you get when you try to sign into that email account directly on the Virgin Media website?

To do that enter that ntlworld.com address here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and then enter the email password when prompted.

Depending on the error message you get from that email account sign in page it may be possible to regain access to that email account without recourse to VM customer support.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

orangebicycle
Joining in

Thanks Coenoby. When I click on the link, I get the following message : 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment,' followed by various options, all of which I've tried during lengthy conversations with Virgin's 'Resolve Team', to no avail. I am now fast running out of patience. If this matter isn't fixed within 48 hours I will refer the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office and let them sort it out. A hefty fine might be a nice start.

The irony is, of course, that there's no point in my ticking the 'email me when someone replies' box, as I cannot access my email. Hence the delay in replying to your kind post.