cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my ntlworld account AGAIN!

fangster
Up to speed

Yesterday, whlst using email, VM decided to lock me out. I changed my password, and changed my third party app password (for which I had to give them a differnt email!!). At every stage of the process I got the "oops something went wrong" but I kept pressing and guessing and it eventually worked and I got back in.

It has just done it again!! Do I really have to go through this flakey process all over again (it doesn't let you reuse old passord of course)?? Will it just lock me out again tomorrow?

Is this VM just trying to get rid of us (if the email goes, I am cancelling everything BTW)

3 REPLIES 3

Martin101
Tuning in

Same thing happend to me yesterday and was a stressful day.

I also have an ntlworld account.  My password was reset over the phone and I finally managed to log in.

I now need to change the passworf and finding it really difficult. I would really appreciate if you could list the step by step process to change password on the laptop ( not mobile app). The staff I spoke to could not help!!

Also. my xx@ntlworld.com  email is this a secondary account ?

Many thanks in advance,

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fangster, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry to hear your email has been locked again. 

If you have any secondary accounts, you'll need to do this for each of them. The account can get locked if there's been any suspicious activity flagged too so it's worth updating any accounts connected to the email as well as running a full virus scan on all your devices. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Martin101, 

Apologies to hear you've had some issues resetting things. I can see my colleague has already replied to your thread here: How do I change my virgin media email password? 

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my colleague's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs