cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of email

Delta99
Dialled in

I know I'm not alone in this but I've not been on the Forum for a few years & now struggling to find a way to just join in with someone else's conversation, so just posting new to make the point!

Thankfully unlike some others I can at least access my main mail a/c ok but 2 of my others are unavailable getting this msg,

VM.JPG

I'm presuming this is hopefully down to the issues I'm getting emails from VM about (tho only with respect to 1 of the 2 accounts), but did want to post in case there's another reason.  I've also gone to the frustrating bother of changing my p/w probably unnecessary since it's not sorted anything, and tried other methods of sorting mentioned in searchs to no avail.

Hopefully someone in VM can perhaps at least enlighten us a bit further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will pop you a PM 📩 now @Delta99 so I can confirm some details and take a closer look at the specifics.

Speak to you soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Delta99,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some problems accessing your secondary mailboxes. 

Have you followed the steps advised on the screenshot?

After changing the password, do you get any error? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks Ayisha

Yeh - I'm using Outlook 2010 and when I use the new p/w and test the settings it just keeps firing up the login box endlessly.  I've starred out my email but obviously it's normally in full.

VM2.JPG

The odd thing about this is that while I got emails about the VM email issues last week this problem only arose (I think) on Friday for the first time so I'm unsure if it's related to the server issues.

Does the same happen when logging in using WebMail?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Delta99 If you have changed the webmail password you will now need to generate an app password to use with Outlook.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Please give what Graham has suggested a try @Delta99 and let us know if this helps. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yes - it just returns me to the page in my original post on the VM site.

Thanks Graham - that screenshot of Outlook is with using the App generated 4 word password.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks.

@Ayisha_B looks like you may need to bring this one into Private message to check the account status.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Will pop you a PM 📩 now @Delta99 so I can confirm some details and take a closer look at the specifics.

Speak to you soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team