Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Locked out of email.

I have my ntlworld email account added in my gmail and it's been fine for 10 years until recently. A notice informs me that no mail has been collected for a week, so I sign in and am told the user or password is wrong. On the VM site it says my email is unavailable so I call VM support and they suggest changing the password, which I do with them on the phone. Gmail is still saying my user or password is wrong. I was passed to gadget something or other support at VM but I couldn't understand the lady mot of the time and she says that she can't hear me very well, which is frustrating. What I did hear her say is that ntlworld mail isn't accessible from gmail which I'm sure is wrong as it has been for more than 10 years now. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of email.

Is the ntlworld.com email address the primary log in address for your Virgin Media broadband account or a secondary account?  What happens when you try and sign into the account at My Virgin media https://my.virginmedia.com/ using the new password set by the telephone help team?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

It is my primary log in with VM. When I try to sign in to email on VM site it says email unavailable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

For the avoidance of doubt can you confirm you have a current cable broadband account with Virgin Media?

If so this will need to be referred to the IT department for investigation.  The Forum Team should be able to arrange this.  They will contact you via this forum in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that I have a current 100mb service from Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snappper,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issues. Can I confirm, is the email address in question, associated with an active Virgin Media service?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Snappper,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issues. Can I confirm, is the email address in question, associated with an active Virgin Media service?

Kind regards,

You might want to check that yourself.

The OP's confirmed that they are a broadband subscriber.  It's now up to you to determine what's happening with the email address in question, and to determine whether or not it's an orphan account.

I'll leave it in your hands for now.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your imput.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Do you need any more info from me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Can I confirm, is the email address in question, associated with an active Virgin Media service?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos