Menu
JuraGirl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Locked out of email for the 5th time this year - hacking?

Hello,

I’m hoping someone from the Virgin team will pick this up.

I cannot access my email for the fifth time this year. I have this error message on the Virgin email page: sorry your email is not available at the moment - please try again in an hour. Needless to state this was several hours ago.

Every time I get locked out it takes more than a week (in one case nearly a month) to restore my access. 
After the last incident I installed malware on all my devices on the advice of the Virgin team member. My account was broken into again within about a week and the password was changed but I was able to change it again myself on that occasion. Now I’m guessing the same thing has happened and I’m locked out again.

i don’t know what else to do. I have changed my password to something as obscure as possible every time. I’m in the process of transferring important contacts to a new email address but this takes time.

The e-mail account is linked to an existing Virgin subscription.

Many thanks for any advice on how to get my access back and how to stop this happening.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of email for the 5th time this year - hacking?

Hi JuraGirl,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to here you are locked out of your email account and that this has happened 6 times this year, is the email being hacked when this happens?

Regards 

Paul.

0 Kudos
JuraGirl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure what happens, I just know that on one occasion the password was changed and I was able to change it again myself. On all the other occasions I’ve had to get in touch with Virgin to be able to get back in - I’m don’t know if the account has been intentionally blocked by you due to suspicious activity. The account was used earlier this year to break into my eBay account and my Skype account. I have received messages supposedly from friends with suspicious links, and I can see that messages were sent from my account to people I also do not know, also with suspicious links (by this I mean ‘Hi xxxx, check this out’ then the link).

I am still locked out with the message about trying in an hour.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JuraGirl,

Thank you for coming back, I have tried to have a look our end to see if anything stands out or if there any breaches showing on the account however I was unable to locate your account with the information you gave me, 

I would be more than happy to look further into this , if someone has tried to hack your email and we have picked this up we would block the email which may explain it working once you have spoken to us.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos