Menu
lotimoss26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Locked out of email account

Hi,

I have tried logging into my email account on both my phone and laptop however it says that the details are not recognised. I have tried to reset my password however it says that my answers to the security questions are incorrect - I know that they aren't!

Please could you give me some advice on how to get back in?

Many thanks,

Lotti

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of email account

@lotimoss26 wrote:

Please could you give me some advice on how to get back in?

Two suggestions:

1) You could try resetting the password again but this time enter the answer to your security  question in UPPER CASE. Strangely enough that has been know to work in the past.

2) If you are still a Virgin Media Broadband customer you can wait here for one on the Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up on your post and contact you via this thread to get your details. In the meantime do not post those details here. The Team can get your password reset for you. If you are no longer a paying VM customer unfortunately the Team will not be able to help you.

The third option, (again if you are a paying VM broadband customer)  is to call VM customer services on 150 from a VM phone and go with the "Broadband" option to get email support. Based on others' experience, that route is more likely to raise your blood pressure to unhealthy levels and still not result in the problem being resolved but it is an option. 🙂

Once you regain access to your email account at you need to make sure that your password is as strong as the VM system allows, 10 characters, a mixture of letters and numbers, and that you reset your security questions / answers to something new.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of email account

Hi Lotti, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had accessing your emails & resetting your password. 

I'd like to help get this sorted, so will send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos