cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of blueyonder email account

estherboff
Tuning in

For some reason today I cannot access my blueyonder email via MyVirginMedia or Outlook. It's saying my account may be locked and I need to change password for my virgin account and also use a different email address for apps - it's very cryptic! What's going on? I have changed my password but it still doesn't work. I have an active broadband, TV and landline with Virgin. I was left waiting for TWO HOURS today on VirginMedia WhatssApp Help and thought the issue had been resolved but it hasn't. I need it for my WORK!!!

estherboff_0-1696614854779.png

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, estgherboff.

Thank you for posting on our help forums and sorry to see you're facing issues with your email accountat the minute, we're aware of this problem and would like to ask a few more questions so we can resolve it as soon as possible.

Just to confirm, are you accessing the email account via webmail and have you tried to reset your VM account password to see if this helps?

Also, can you post a screenshot and the url from the page you get the error on so we can view more?
Your feedback is valuable to us, please let us know.
Thanks,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I am trying to access email via Virgin Media website having failed to log into Outlook. The main account is my husband who has changed his VM password. He has also tried to access his blueyonder this morning and get the same problem.

I click on below

estherboff_0-1696670725855.png

and get this

estherboff_1-1696670767764.png

We have changed VM password for both main account and my account but no luck. Also tried the app.

Thanks for coming back to us @estherboff, and I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with the web mail services.

It's likely that we would need to look into this for you, as this may need intervention from our IT team.

However, this is an account holder only action and as you you refer to your husband as the "main account" I suspect we may need to deal with him directly.

Please advise him to either create a Forums profile, or call our team directly on 0345 454 1111 / 150

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David, 

Appreciate your help so far.

Spoke to VM and have managed to recover my account but in order to do so I had to create a new login to VM using a different email address. I now want to change the password that VM gave me for my blueyonder email address but how do I do that please when I am no longer able to log into VM using that email address? 

Hi estherboff, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Even though the email address has needed to be updated, the log in details would be the VM email address plus the usual password. 

The app password the team would have created for you is unrelated to your log in details and will only be needed when using your email through an app or client. 

Once signed in to the My VM account for the secondary email, click on Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

estherboff
Tuning in

Thanks Kath_F

I have tried to log in to the My Virgin Media App on my android using both the blueyonder email address and the password given to me and also the secondary email address and the password given to me and neither of these work. What should I use to log onto the app? I have the same problem with Outlook on my android. I have tried deleting my outlook account and re-adding it but I get this error

estherboff_0-1696938554535.png

Thank you for coming back to us!

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing. Can we just check - is the primary account holder also still having access issues? 

Are you able to access the account directly via our webmail service 👉 https://virg.in/webmail or are you unable to access here too? This will help is narrow down where the issue may be coming from. 

We appreciate these kinds of issues can be frustrating! Thank you for your patience whilst we get it sorted. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

estherboff
Tuning in

The primary account holder's blueyonder email address was deleted as it wasn't used which is fine.

I can access my blueyonder via webmail service on all Windows and Android devices.

I can access my blueyonder via Outlook on all Windows devices but not on my Android phone.

I have deleted the account but cannot add it back.

I go into manage accounts and then select add an account

It then asks whether account is work or personal 

I choose personal and then I get the error message below

estherboff_0-1697200005632.png

Hi @estherboff 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your emails. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina