Menu
stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Locked out of blueyonder email AGAIN

Two days ago I suddenly couldn't log in to my blueyonder email account, via web or client (android phone). 

With helpline help I've changed passwords x 2 to no avail. This happened last autumn and took two months to sort out. No explanation no rationale has ever been offered. At least last time I was still able to access my account on my phone (client). 

This time I have no access whatsoever and I'm being told someone will call within 5 days. It's extremely frustrating as I am in the middle of numerous projects and have no way of knowing what emails I'm missing.

I went 20 years with this address with no problems and now it's shut me out twice in 6 months. Really grateful for any help.

(email me at MOD EDIT: REMOVED)

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of blueyonder email AGAIN

We didn't establish last time if you have a current VM broadband account to which the blueyonder email address is attached.

As before the VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this, but they will ask you to change the password for the account via your My Virgin Media account before they do anything else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevenasher,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear your locked out of your email again, I haven't been able to locate your account to have a look our end, so I can help I will send you a link into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham

the team seem to have picked it up. Yes, I do have a current VM Broadband account

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@stevenasher That's good, but does the blueyonder email address concerned appear under the My Profile tab or the Manage Account tab when signed into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yes it's the same

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@stevenasher wrote:

yes it's the same

Good, I wanted to check as a number of recent similar cases have been down to the email address concerned being "orphaned".

I will leave you in the hands of the very capable VM Forum Team.

stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

They're not quite as responsive as you ...

Steve

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@stevenasher wrote:

Thanks.

They're not quite as responsive as you ...

Steve

They are VM employees, work shifts, and reply to posts on a strict queing process, whereas I am a volunteer who tries to help where I can and as a 'VIP' community member I have certain privileges that enable me to escalate issues to the staff when needed.  However, staff responses are not always going to be as quick as some community member responses.

0 Kudos
stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I understand.

Now I'm concerned that my marking your answer as helpful translates into 'problem solved'.

Which of course it is not.

Steve

0 Kudos