Menu
Mikebools
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Locked our of email!

Like many others, it seems, Virgin has locked me out of my email for days - saying that the mailbox is unavailable and to try again in a hour. As for the automated text 'help' - I don't have time to describe just how useless it is. Is there any way to reactivate the mailbox (at least so I can migrate my emails to another platform which actually works!)?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked our of email!

The reason VM have locked you out of email is because they have detected unauthorised use of your account credentials to send spam. That means the spammers know your password. So first change your password in My Virginmedia, then wait here for a VM staff member to pick up this thread and get your mailbox unlocked. Then consider how your credentials got into the wild.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mikebools
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much. I can access myvirginmedia account, but it is not obvious as to how I change the password: am I changing the password for my virgin account or for my email - which are different?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Mikebools
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - have worked out how to change the password. Thanks for your help.

M

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The passwords are same - this is a single sign on system. Glad you have sorted things. You might even find you get access to your mail once you have changed the password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos