Menu
Roy13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Locked email accounts

Hi, I have an email account that shows error message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment". I've tried re-setting password, but judging from other posts is needs VM to do something to unlock it - it's been unavailable for months, and I just get disconnected when trying to get through to phone help (only option is to get link to online help then you get disconnected) and messaging seems to have been left to the bot to manage (endless verification questions but no help). Any ideas how I can get VM to look in to it?

0 Kudos
Roy13
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked email accounts

Impossible to get hold of anyone at Virgin on phone or messaging. I've found a solution though - create a gmail account on Google, and switch all your online accounts to use that instead (this took me an hour - but less than time waiting fo Virgin - and email your contacts with updated email. Sounds painful, but ...). Moral being don't keep all your email eggs in one basket - you're in trouble if you have issues with VM account.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked email accounts

Hi there @Roy13 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the delay in response, we've been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. I'm sorry that you've had this experience when trying to contact us, I understand this would be frustrating and inconvenient. 

Have you since been able to get access to your email account? Let me know and if not we will be able to reset the account for you and get this fixed. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos