Menu
RY4
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Live Chat / Support whilst abroad

I need to fix an issue with email sending from apps which has developed whilst on holiday. This is not the first time & always happens when I most need email contact.

The website help pages suggest changing my password; however, I want to know why this keeps happening as nothing has changed at my end. My can't VM email work seamlessly through Apple Mail & Outlook apps?

The issue I now have is that the Live Chat function seems to be obsolete & there is no obvious way of making contact from abroad (150 & 0345 numbers don't work & would cost a fortune even if they did from the USA!)

So, two questions in one;

How to contact VM from abroad?

What changes at VM's end which stops my emails from sending?

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live Chat / Support whilst abroad

Answer to Q1:  Use the Forum!

Answer to Q2:  When trying to use VM's email servers from outside of the UK, VM limits the number of sent emails and recipients (and possibly the size of the email and attachments, if my experience is anything to go by).  They do not publish the limits, but previous posts on the forum suggest it is quite low.  The limits are higher if you use webmail, as that requires (slightly) more security to sign in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zahidahmadzai78
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am also facing the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zahidahmadzai78,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. Can you give us more information about the issue your facing so we can help?

Thanks,

Lisa

Zahidahmadzai78
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the quick response Lisa. I'm living abroad at the moment and I haven't got a date me coming back so my contact has been rolling as normal for some time which I forgot to report earlier. Also I had and email recently that there was a sim card sent to my previous address 58 Joseph trotter clo EC1R 1UB. I don't live there anymore and I am worried that somone will use my sim and I get billed for it. So I was wondering if you could help me end my contract.

Kind Regards 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Zahidahmadzai78, are you looking at ending both the Media and Mobile contract? ^CW

Zahidahmadzai78
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zahidahmadzai78,

Thank you for clarification on this. What I will do is private message so we can look into what can be done to help with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos