Menu
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Legitimate email flagged as spam

I have legitimate e mails being marked as spam for no reason. I have to keep checking spam folder to see if there are e mails in there that shouldn't be

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Legitimate email flagged as spam

See if this post is of any help Re: Important mail marked as spam

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

That was of no use as I didn't understand half of it. I had already tried marking as spam but leaving them in inbox they still went straight to spam folder so that doesn't work.

How do you get to speak tpo somebody who does work for Virgin?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The forum team should respond in a few / several days. In the meantime consider highlight what was not understood and I will rephrase those areas into something hopefully more easily read.

0 Kudos
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

"Filter rules run after spam filtering and only on those emails delivered to the Inbox folder; webmail's default SPAM Settings result in latter never occurring for misidentified spam. Either:

wait 24 hours to see if the false positive clears and if it persist post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team
select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Emails > SPAM Settings > Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox and create filter rules to manage emails with the (flagged) subject prefix of <SPAM>
find an email service that better meets your needs with security that is equal to or greater than the service it might help secure"

The first statement isn't true. Saying it never happens when it does !
As I said before I tried the flag as spam but deliver to inbox but that didn't work and the two addresses were still delivered direct to spam folder while others were just marked as <spam> and sent to inbox.
I use Outlook.com and Thunderbird but these e mails are put directly into spam folder in Virgin and not even delivered to Outlook or Thunderbird. This means I have to log in to Virgin email to check the spam folder in case an email has arrived.
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The first statement simply stated the order of precedence:

1. System spam filters
  2. User filter rule (only run against emails delivered to Inbox folder)

As a consequence if an email is identified as Spam and moved to the Spam folder step 2 can never occur.

Probably best to wait for the forum team to respond and correct the false positive spam identification.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post @ackilince 

Please could you let us know, If you are having the issues from multiple senders or are they all the same? Are there any words or content that you can see that would trip up our internal spam system? 

Can you delete/double check the rules/filters you have set up for spam so that we can rule it out. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No  filters set and only 7 specific sites marked to be spam

2 senders are affected. The national lottery and a local vehicle dealership ,e mails have different content each time.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

Does this link help?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No it doesn't nor does the advert for how to pay my virgin billl on the repy !!!!!!!!! If this continues there won't be a bill to pay anymore !

You seem to be able to block legitimate e mails whille allowing me to be bombarded by  fake renewals for Norton or McAfee.

I want to be able to talk to someone  instead of this farce of messages.   When will there be a proper help system not this community rubbish ?

0 Kudos