Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Left Virgin over a year ago yet email is still live but can’t change password

My husband and I have old NTL legacy email address associated with my Old Virgin account even though we left Virgin well over a year ago and although I was unable to send emails 3 months after leaving I have still been able to receive emails (although I now have a different email address)

I am afraid I have been hacked as my password has been changed but I am unable to reset it now as I don’t have a Virgin account. Need Virgin to delete both our email addresses ASAP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Left Virgin over a year ago yet email is still live but can’t change password

You have come to the right place TheresaCMcD.

The mailbox should have been closed AND deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer (according to VM's own Terms and Conditions). But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!)

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the mailbox deleted manually. The friendly Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few hours (or days?) and then take your personal details by private message.

When they say it is done, you can verify it is gone by running the email address(es) through mailtester.com. Best wishes to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Left Virgin over a year ago yet email is still live but can’t change password

Hi TheresaCMcD,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the email issues and will help further to delete them. I'll send you a PM to discuss this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos